Like so many others, we love these tires. This round tread profile gives predictable traction, reasonable weight, and tough sidewalls. These are an excellent all around tire. On softer compounds (e.g. Vertstar) the side lugs will eventually start tear away sooner than other compounds, but you’ll get superb traction before then. For riders who really lean the bike over consider combining a rear Pacestar Hans Dampf with a front Trailstar Magic Mary.
- Tubeless ready
- Vertstar compound for ultimate traction and super tacky rubber
- Trailstar compound for a balance between excellent traction and durability
- Pacestar compound for fastest rolling and most durable while maintaining great traction
- Snakeskin for a durable yet light weight single-ply casing
- SUPER GRAVITY for dual-ply casing, maximum performance and side wall durability.
Marketing Fluff (you probably won't read it anyway)
With the Hans Dampf, Schwalbe set out produce a world class all mountain/trail tire for riders of all skill levels. This tire has been engineered for predictability, control, and fun. Its round profile with sipped, square knobs gives you right balance between grip and rolling resistance. The Hans Dampf doesn’t break loose often, but when it does it does so with control and predictability, give you more and more confidence to push your limits. The Hans Dampf comes in a reasonable weight and the snake skin casing helps fend off sliced side walls.