The new Carbine is Intense’s most capable bike, hands down. It climbs well for a long-travel 29er and rockets downhill no matter how technical the terrain. On top of that it’s such a fun park bike, Mary (the Intense M16 downhill bike) didn’t get invited to this year's Crankworx Whistler.
This build started with a 2018 Intense Carbine SL frame. We liked the lines of the original red & blue paint scheme but thought it more fitting this master of all things dirt have some earthy green, blue & khaki tones. We complimented the visuals accents with a green cockpit compiled of Deity, Ergon & ENVE components. To ensure she rode as good as she looked we outfitted this Carbine with a DVO Suspension fork & shock (including their new metric-sized Topaz), SRAM XX1 Eagle drivetrain, and a Nox Composites carbon wheelset. Once Steffi was assembled we set up the suspension & applied the finishing touches (including one of our custom DVO graphic kits).
Steffi is a custom build 2018 Intense Carbine (see full specifications below). Interested in building a Carbine or another bike we carry? Please call us at (619) 383-1005.
- COLORS: Khaki/Blue/Green
- FRAME: Carbine 29” Enduro Monocoque Carbon Frame. High Modulus Carbon fiber, carbon top link, ti hardware, internal shift, dropper post and brake routing. ISCG05 mounts, flack guard armor, 155mm travel
- FORK: DVO Diamond, 160mm, Boost 110x15mm
- SHOCK: DVO Topaz, 230x60mm
- WHEELSET: Nox Components Farlow 29 Rims
- TIRES: Onza Ibex 29x2.40
- SHIFTERS: Sram XX1 Eagle 12speed Trigger, gold
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Sram X01 Eagle 12speed Black
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: N/A
- CRANK: Sram XX1 Eagle Boost GXP 175mm, 34T
- CASSETTE: Sram XG1299 XX1 Eagle 12speed, 10-50T
- CHAIN: Sram XX1 Eagle 12speed
- CHAIN GUIDE: N/A
- BOTTOM BRACKET: Sram Pressfit GXP BB92
- SADDLE: Ergon SME3 Pro
- SEATPOST: Fox Transfer 31.6mm, 150mm Dropper
- HANDLEBAR: ENVE DH 780mm Carbon
- STEM: Diety Copperhead 40mm
- HEADSET: Cane Creek 40 Series, ZS44/EC49.40
- BRAKESET: Sram Guide Ultimate 180mm Front & 180mm Rear
- GRIPS: Ergon GE1
- SIZE: Medium
- WEIGHT: 30 LBS, 4 OZS
See Intense Cycle's website for more details.