Intense has released a ton of special edition bikes over the last few years. Some feature exotic paint schemes, others are spec’d with unique one-off components. We think they’re super-rad so we decided to build one of our own… Check out the Chainline’d 2018 Intense Spider Deity Pro Build. The 2018 Intense Spider is shipped from the factory with a stellar sky blue paint job. However, Laura wasn’t gonna ride her new trail bike until it was dialed with the right fit and equipped with some extra swag. You know the saying, look good, feel good - feel good, ride good.
The Spider Pro build is the perfect blend of a well spec’d bike and a great value. The 140mm travel RockShox Pike RCT3 fork & Monarch RT3 shock do a great job dampening small bumps high in the travel, but are plush enough to handle chunky rock sections & clear bigger jumps than you’d expect a cross-country bike can handle. The light & strong DT Swiss M1700 wheels ensure miles of worry-free performance. Add in the 12-speed Sram Eagle GX drivetrain & Guide RS bracelet and you’ve got a bike with racing spec performance at a bargain price.
With such a great platform all we needed to do was make it better fit our rider and add a little bling. Cue the Deity cockpit swap. We shortened the stem to 35 mm with an anodized blue Copperhead. Added a wider Skyline 787 handlebar & Knuckleduster grips (which perfect match the red inner triangle and really set off the front end). Lastly, we finished the cosmetics off with the blue Speedtrap saddle. To give Laura the bike control she needed we chose the ultra grippy Bladerunner pedal (in anodized blue of course, because everything has to match). Throw on a pair of Race Face carbon crank covers to protect from rock & root strikes and this bike was good to go!
Check out the full specs of this build below. Interested in your own special edition Spider? How about another bike we carry? Call us at (619) 383-1005 for more info!
- FRAME: Spider 275 Carbon SL Front and Rear Triangle 275” Mountain Frameset, i-BOX Pivot System, Downtube Flak Guard Armor, Internal Derailleur, Brake & Dropper Post Routing, ISCG 05 Mount, 115 -130 mm travel
- FORK: Rock Shox Pike RCT3 27.5", Solo Air, 140mm, Boost 110x15mm
- SHOCK: Rock Shox Monarch RT3, 200x51mm
- WHEELS: DT Swiss M1700 Spline 27.5", 28 Hole
- HUBS: DT Swiss 340, 6 Bolt, 110x15mm, 28 Hole Front / 148x12mm, XD, 28 Hole Rear
- RIMS: DT Swiss M1700 Spline 27.5", 28 Hole
- SPOKES: DT Swiss
- TIRES: Maxxis 27.5x2.35 Forekaster F120 DC/EXO/TR
- SHIFTERS: Sram GX Eagle 12speed Trigger
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Sram X01 Eagle 12speed
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: N/A
- CRANK: Tru Vativ Descendant Carbon Eagle Boost GXP 175mm, 34T
- CASSETTE: Sram XG1295 X01 Eagle 12speed, 10-50T
- CHAIN: Sram GX Eagle 12speed
- CHAIN GUIDE: N/A
- BOTTOM BRACKET: Sram Pressfit GXP BB92
- SADDLE: Deity Speedtrap
- SEATPOST: Fox Transfer 31.6mm, 150mm Dropper
- HANDLEBAR: Deity Skyline 787
- STEM: Deity Copperhead
- HEADSET: Cane Creek 40 Series, ZS44/EC49.40
- BRAKESET: SRAM GUIDE RS, 180mm front, 160mm rear
- GRIPS: Deity Knuckleduster
- PEDALS: Deity Bladerunner